Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cousins de (from) France et (and from US) d'Amerique

J'ai deux cousins qui vivent a Lyon.Tom qui va avoir 6ans en mai et Anjali qui aura deux ans en mars. Maman est la marraine d'Anjali.

Maman a envoye une photo de moi encadree. Quand ils l'ont recu, Tom a dit a Magali, sa maman: "Je prends la photo de Mael dans MA chambre parce que c'est MON cousin." Parfois aussi, il m'appelle "mon petit cousin d'Amerique". J'ai un peu la pression pour Septembre, il va falloir que je l'impressione! Ce ne sera pas un probleme avec Anjali parce qu'elle adore les bebes.

Alors voila, du cote francais, je suis le troisieme cousin de cette generation.
ET du cote americain? Eh bien, j'etais le premier mais je ne suis deja plus seul! Non, j'ai un petit cousin ou une petite cousine en route grace a tata Jessica et tonton Josh!
C'est genial, n'est ce pas? Trop genial, je suis trop content et mes parents aussi!

Pour l'anecdote, Mamoune etait un peu perdue parce que lorsque Maman lui a dit que j'allais avoir un nouveua petit cousin, elle lui a demande: "Tu es enceinte!?" Maman a repondu un peu perdue et amusee: "Bah non, ce serait un peu tot d'abord, meme si c'est possible mais surtout ca ne lui ferait pas un petit cousin mais un petit frere ou une petite soeur!!!" Maman pense que Mamoune est encore sous le choc d'avoir un troisieme petit enfant (qui est tellement super - ok, ca c'est moi qui le rajoute! ;))

I have two cousins who live in Lyon.
Tom is going to be 6 years old in May and Anjali will be 2 years old in March. Maman is Anjali's Godmother.

Maman sent a picture of myself framed to Magali's house for xmas and when Tom saw it, he said: "This is MY cousin so I take the picture in MY room"! Sometimes, he calls me "his little cousin from America". I feel pressured to impress him back in September. I know it won't be a problem with Anjali because she loves babies!
I am looking forward to meeting both of them.

So on the French side, I am the third and last one of the cousins of that generation.

And on the US side? Well, I am the first but not the only one! Not anymore... someone's coming! YES! My uncle Josh and Aunt Jessica have a little cousin for me in the oven!
Isn't it exciting!? I am totally excited and my parents too!

For the record, mamoune (French grandma) was a little bit confused when maman told her : "Mael is going to have a new cousin". Her reaction was : "You are pregnant?" Maman was like :"uuh, no. One it's a little bit early (even it's possible) but really, if I was, Mael would have a brother or sister, not a cousin!" Maman thinks that Mamoune is still in shock of having a third grandchild who is so awesome ... (the last four words are from me)

1 comment:

Mrs. Hislop said...

I love the pictures of Mael in his little sweatshirt. What a cutie!